Many companies and organizations shy away from working on diversity, equity, and inclusion because they fear that they will get a presentation that is long on lofty ideals but short on actionable steps.
Worse, they fear that whoever they bring in will heap on blame and shame and paralyze their team.
The truth is, attention to diversity and inclusion improves employee engagement and productivity–and can help prevent your organization from getting the wrong kind of social media attention. You cannot afford to ignore it.
With over sixteen years experience bringing people together across differences in the nonprofit, government, and religious sectors, I know how to get people on board by bridging differences and how to develop actionable plans to advance inclusion.
Whether you are looking for a proven guide to facilitate sector-wide improvements in equity, as discussed here, or you are looking to equip your team with the skills and behaviors to be more inclusive, Change Works Consulting can help.
- Rev. Thomas H. Smith Race Relations Award, Awarded by Pastor Jerry Hatter of Brown Chapel AME Church at 2013 Brotherhood Banquet, Ypsilanti, MI
- Light of Unity Award for Racial and Cultural Equity, 2017, awarded by Baha’i Community of Ann Arbor
- Rev. Thomas H. Smith Leadership Award, 2019, Awarded by Pastor Jerry Hatter of Brown Chapel AME Church, Ypsilanti, MI
- Michigan’s Outstanding Young Religious Leader, Michigan Jaycees, 2011
- Center for Progressive Leadership Michigan Fellow, 2007 inaugural class